RECIPE BY YASMIN FROM @VGNBITES_
Watch the colour unfold with a simple clever trick - lime! Kids and adults alike will enjoy this delicious noodle buddha bowl, so be sure to give this recipe a try!
- favourite greens and raw veggies, chopped
- 150 g rice noodles
- 1 tsp butterfly pea powder
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- water, as needed
- CRISPY TOFU
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Fill a pot with water and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, turn off the heat and add in a teaspoon of butterfly pea powder. Stir well until the water turns blue.
- Add rice noodles to the blue water. Soak for 6-10 minutes until tender but still chewy.
- Drain the noodles and wash with cold water to avoid sticking.
- This process creates blue noodles.
- CRISPY TOFU
- Place tofu in between two flat surfaces. You can use a chopping board at the bottom and a heavy large sauce pan on top. This process helps squeezeout excess water from the tofu.
- In a plate, combine rice flour, bread crumbs and sesame seeds.In a separate bowl,add the soy sauce.
- Cut tofu into bite-sized pieces and let them marinate in the tofu for 10 minutes.
- Coat the tofu with the bread crumb mixture and air fry at 375 ° F /190° C for 10-15 minutes, flipping them halfway.
- In your favourite Coconut Bowls, add a layer of greens and chopped raw veggies such as carrots, cucumber and celery. You can also add in your favourite salad greens.
- In the middle of the bowl, place your blue noodles and top with thecrispy tofu.
- Squeeze some lime juice on some parts of the noodles - this will add some purple and pink colour into your noodles.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Vgnbites_ is all about healthy, plant-based recipes that are easy to follow, tastes delicious and focuses on wholesome ingredients. Join Yasmin in her kitchen to make amazing smoothies and learn more about how to make healthy food choices.
YouTube Channel: Vgnbites