This tofu curry dish was inspired by my recent travels to Sri Lanka. It is packed with spices such as turmeric, curry powder, ginger and chilli. These spices create the delicious flavour of this tofu curry and enhances the over all nutritional value. These spices are almost always used in Sri Lankan cuisine, all of which have powerful health benefits and medicinal properties.
Tofu Curry is delicious served on a bed of rice, quinoa or even just on its own with a side of grilled vegetables.
Firm Tofu, 200 g (cut into cubes)
- Turmeric Powder, 1/2 tsp
- Coconut Oil, 1 1/2 tbsp
- Onion, 1/2 (finely chopped)
- Tomato Paste, 1 tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 tbsp
- Cherry Tomatoes, 250g
- Garlic Clove, 1
- Tamari, 2 tbsp
- Curry Powder, 1 tsp
- Ground Ginger, 1/2 tsp
- Chili Powder, 1/2 tsp
- Himalayan Salt, 1/2 tsp
- Green Capsicum, 1 (sliced)
- Green Chili, 1 (finely chopped)
- Place tofu in a mixing bowl and season with turmeric.
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat and lightly fry tofu for 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat remaining oil and add onion, tomato paste, vinegar, tomatoes, garlic, tamari, spices and salt. Cook for approx. 5 minutes and then add capsicum and chili.
- Mix tofu through the onion-spice blend and transfer to your favourite Coconut Bowls. Enjoy!
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.