This Spicy Tofu Laksa is a winter meal that will warm your belly. It contains a number of medicinal spices that are full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatories, such as turmeric, ginger, cumin, and coriander.
Tamari marinated tofu provides the protein in this dish, but this can be exchanged for a plant-based protein of your choice. Adding in additional vegetables according to seasonal availability is a great way to bulk up an already wholesome and delicious dinner.
- Coconut Oil, 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds, 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds, 1 tsp
- Fresh Ginger, 1 tbsp (grated)
- Shallots, 4 pcs. (finely chopped)
- Fresh Turmeric, 1/2 tbsp (grated, or 1 tsp Turmeric Powder)
- Red Chili, 1 (chopped)
- Ground Coriander, 1 tsp
- Zucchini, 1 large (julienned)
- Coconut Milk, 3 cups
- Filtered Water, 1 cup
- Fresh Coriander, 1 small bunch (chopped, reserve some for garnish)
- Rice Noodles, 200 g
- Marinated Tofu
- Coconut Oil, 1 tsp
- Fresh GInger, 1 tbsp (grated)
- Tamari, 1 tbsp
- Organic Tofu, 200 g (cubed)
- Sesame Seeds, 2 tbsp
- Melt coconut oil in heavy based, deep saucepan.
- Add cumin and mustard seeds, cook a few minutes (seeds will begin to pop).
- Then add ginger, shallots, turmeric, chilli and ground coriander. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add zucchini, toss in spice mix and cook a further 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and filtered water. Reduce heat and cook for a further 10 minutes, adding in fresh coriander in the last two minutes.
- Whilst laksa is simmering, cook noodles according to manufacturers instructions and prepare tofu.
- To prepare tofu, place coconut oil, ginger and tamari in heavy based frypan and gently heat.
- Toss tofu in sesame seeds and then lightly pan fry in tamari mix, a few minutes each side.
- Place noodles in your favorite Coconut Bowls and top with laksa soup and tofu.
- Garnish with fresh coriander, basil shallots, bean sprouts, lime and/or chilli.
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.