Recipe by LivinLaVeganLife
As the days are getting colder, our bodies are naturally more drawn to comforting and warmer foods! This Red Lentil Chickpea Curry is everything that you need while you are curled up in your blanket!
As a result, we decided to make this curry with a little bit of inspiration from Thai cuisine and flavors. The splash of lime mixed with the coconut milk and red pepper make this Red Lentil Chickpea Curry super tasty and ready to devour!
What makes this recipe even better is how simple and quick it is to whip up! Tasty meals do not have to take long to make! You just need to know how to blend ingredients together to make a delicious meal or this Red Lentil Chickpea Curry. The spices that we used bring out all kinds of different flavors that truly bring us back to Thai cuisine.
- Garlic Cloves, 3 medium
- Ginger, 2 inches
- Red Pepper, 1 pc
- Coconut Milk, 1 can
- Chickpeas, 1 can
- Red Lentils, 1 cup
- Water, 1 cup
- Chili Paste, 1 tbsp
- Paprika, 1 tsp
- Cumin, 1/4 tsp
- Brown Sugar, 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt, to taste
- Mince your garlic and ginger.
- Chop your red pepper in small squares.
- Sauté your garlic, ginger, and red pepper in a hot pan full of olive oil.
- After 5-10 minutes, add the coconut milk, chickpeas (without the liquid), the red lentils, and water. Stir.
- Add chili paste, paprika, cumin, brown sugar and salt. Stir.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until lentils are fully cooked.
- Serve in your favorite Coconut Bowls with a bed of cooked rice or quinoa.
- Garnish it off with some fresh parsley and red hot pepper for a little extra spiciness!
LivinLaVeganLife creates plant-based recipes. to know more about them, please check them out at the links below.
For more nourishing and plant-based recipes, check out our cookbook ‘Vegan Bowls for Vegan Souls’. We have carefully selected some of our favourite healthy recipes for every meal of the day – refreshing breakfast bowls, tasty snacks, wholesome vegan dinners, and guilt-free desserts that you can prepare in your own kitchen!
Click here to explore our variety of eco-friendly products. Our famous Coconut Bowls, Wooden Forks and Spoons, and Bamboo Straws are all made by nature, and provide the perfect sustainable accompaniment to any plant-based meal.
Thousands of customers have fallen in love with our products and we're confident you will too. If that’s not enough, have no fear, you can order 100% RISK FREE, with our 14 day money back guarantee. If you don’t instantly love our products, you can rely on our guarantee to feel safe.
So.. what’s stopping you? SHOP NOW.