RECIPE BY ELLE FROM ELLE'S HUNGRY
Stuffed peppers have always been a crowd favorite and a party pleaser. Make this wholesome, extremely flavorful and nourishing Quinoa Stuffed Peppers by @elleshungry for your next party. The sweetness of the roasted peppers and the moist quinoa veggie filling is incredible!
- Bell Peppers, 6
- Cooked Quinoa and Rice Mix, 2 cups (you can use pure quinoa if preferred)
- Olive Oil, 2 tbsp
- Brown Onion, 1/2 (diced)
- Garlic, 3 cloves (minced)
- Baby Corn, 100 g (diced)
- Carrot, 1 (peeled and diced)
- Green Beans, 100 g (diced)
- Cumin, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
- Toasted Pine Nuts, 1/4 cup
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add onions, garlic, corn, carrot, beans and season with cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes until veggies are soft. Increase to high and add the cooked quinoa and rice and still until all combined. Throw in pine nuts now. Stir well to combine and then remove off heat.
- To prepare peppers - cut the 'lids' off with knife and discard all the seeds. Fill the peppers, then place the stuffed peppers in a prepared baking dish and bake at 180° for about 30-35min or until the peppers are softened but not too mushy!
- Remove from oven and serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls. Enjoy!
Elle strongly believes in eating whole, clean food and enjoys creating vibrant and healthy recipes. She hopes to empower people to make more homemade food and avoid processed, pre-packed food that can be bought in our grocery stores.