RECIPE BY TIA FROM YES, PLANTBASED
We are loving the color in this creamy pasta dish. The flavor combo is also super interesting. It has both Italian and Middle Eastern flavours! So irresistible!
- Turmeric, 1 tbsp
- Hot Curry Powder, 1 tbsp
- Oregano, 1/2 tsp
- Cayenne, 1/4 tsp
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Onion, 1/2
- Garlic, 3 cloves
- Eggplant, 1/2 (cubed)
- Mushrooms, 1 cup (chopped)
- Tomato paste, 2 tbsp
- Tomatoes, 2 (blended)
- Coconut Milk, 1-2 cups
- Cooked Pasta
- Sauté the onions with the coconut oil for about 5 minutes on medium heat, then add in the garlic and spices and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Toss in the eggplant and a little bit of water, and stir for another 5 minutes, then add in the mushrooms and keep stirring until the eggplant and mushrooms are soft.
- Add the tomato paste, blended tomatoes, and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Once it boils, add your pasta of choice and let boil for 1-3 minutes, then reduce heat to medium and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally until pasta is soft and taste your soup to check if you want to add any additional spices or salt & pepper. You can add a bit more oregano before serving!
- Enjoy this with your Coconut Bowls and Wooden Buddha Fork!
Tia believes that diet is one of the major keys to living a healthy, happy and fulfilling life. Mindful eating and conscious living have drastically improved her life, and she wants to help others do the same through her recipes and blog.
YouTube: Yes, Plant Based