Mushrooms are great flavour enhancers. They are slightly smoky and meaty. Perfect to incorporate into your favourite nourishing meals. This mushroom-loaded gnocchi is delicious and easy to make as well.
- 500 g dry gnocchi
1 cup roasted pumpkin
1 bunch broccolini, chopped
3 cups mixed mushrooms ( i used oyster, button & shiitake)
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon garlic paste)
1 teaspoon mushroom stock powder
1/4 cup white wine
squeeze of lemon
salt & pepper to taste
1 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat up the oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Once oil is hot, add in the gnocchi. Cook for 2-3 mins before tossing and cooking for another 2 mins. This ensures that the sides are golden and caramelized.
- Transfer the gnocchi onto a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, add in a little bit more oil and saute the onion, garlic & mushrooms for 5 minutes until the mushrooms are browned.
- Add in the broccoli, white wine, stock powder, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in the gnocchi and cook for 2 more minutes until gnocchi is warmed through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Storage Tips: Place leftovers in an air-tight containter in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for a few months.
Michelle is a Dentist and vegan food blogger from Brisbane. She loves sharing simple & tasty vegan recipes via her Instagram platform @run2food. She has also created a website with an archive of all her recipes www.run2food.com. Michelle is on a mission to show that you can thrive off a plant-based diet.