These little bite-sized desserts are for the littles ones and the kid in you. You can customize this to create your own flavours and colour, so don't afraid to experiment and cook with the kids this holiday season!
- SPONGE CAKE
- Vegan Butter, 110 g (melted)
- Flour, 110 g (sifted)
- Caster Sugar, 110g
- Red Superfood Powder, 2 tbsp (beet powder, antioxidant blend or pink pitaya powder)
- Vegan Butter, 40 g (melted)
- Vegan Cream Cheese, 40 g
- Powdered Sugar, 200 g
- COATING & DECORS
- Vegan White Chocolate, 400g
- Vegan Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/358°F.
- Start by making the sponge. In a mixing bowl, cream the caster sugar and 110g of butter together.
- Sieve in the flour. Thoroughly mix together until smooth.
- Divide the batter into two separate halves.
- To make the cake in red color, divide to half the batter and add 2 tbs of the red superfood powder and mix well.
- Pour each mixture into a cake tin lined with greaseproof or parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through. Then leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Next, make the frosting. Cream 40g of the vegan butter in a mixing bowl until pale.
- Now mix the vegan cream cheese then icing sugar into the butter until smooth.
- When the sponge has cooled, crumble into fine breadcrumbs in a large mixing bowl.
- Thoroughly mix the frosting into the sponge until smooth then roll out 20 balls from the mixture. ( the red or the yellow )
- Place the balls onto greaseproof or parchment paper then leave to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- To make the chocolate red color, after you melt the chocolate, add 1-2 tsp of the red superfood powder and mix well until the color turns into the color that you desire.
- Then for each cake pop, dip the end of a lollypop stick in the chocolate then stick 1/3 of the way into each ball. Chill for another 30 minutes in the fridge.
- 15. Dip each cake pop in the melted chocolate, twirl until smooth then sprinkle with sprinkles or any kind of decor that you want. Dessicated coconut, chocolate chips or cacao nibs work well.
- Leave to set in the fridge for atleast 30 minutes.
- Serve in your Bamboo Cups and enjoy!
Vgnbites_ is all about healthy plant-based recipes that are easy to follow, tastes delicious and focuses on wholesome ingredients. Join Yasmin in her kitchen to make amazing smoothies and learn more about how to make healthy food choices.
YouTube Channel: Vgnbites