Calling all Peanut Butter addicts! Think you’ve tried peanut butter in every way, shape, or form? Think again!
Triple Peanut Butter Waffles are perfect for an indulgent yet healthy Sunday morning brunch or dessert. They are easily made using spelt flour, or buckwheat flour as a gluten-free alternative – they’re delicious either way.
Top these babies off with a scoop of peanut butter nice-cream, crushed peanuts, cacao nibs, or double (quadruple?) down with an extra drizzle of smooth peanut butter… because why not?
- Spelt Flour, 1/4 cup (or buckwheat flour)
- Almond Meal, 1/4 cup
- Vanilla Bean Powder, 1 tsp (or vanilla extract)
- Himalayan Salt, 1/4 tsp
- Banana, 1
- Coconut Milk, 1/2 cup
- Peanut Butter, 2 tbsp
- Flax Eggs
- Ground Flax Seeds, 2 tbsp (or ground chia seeds)
- Filtered Water, 6 tbsp
- Peanut Butter Nice Cream
- Bananas, 4
- Peanut Butter 3 tbsp
- Vegan Protein Powder, 2 tbsp (optional)
- Coconut Milk, 1/4 cup
- Firstly, prepare the nice cream. Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender, blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer to an ice-cream tray and allow to set in the freezer for approx. 1 hour.
- For the flax eggs, combine the ground flax seeds and water. Set aside and allow to set up and thicken.
- Preheat waffle iron for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix well.
- Place banana, milk, peanut butter and flax eggs in a blender, blend until smooth. Transfer to the dry mixture and mix well.
- Once the waffle iron has heated, spoon approx. 1/4 cup of the mixture per waffle, close lid and leave to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls with a few scoops of peanut butter nice cream and crushed peanuts.
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.