Delicious shortbread style cookies smothered with peanut butter and raspberry chia jam. Doesn’t get much better than that if you ask us. They are sweetened using only a small amount of date syrup and superfood powder, mesquite. Such a satisfying healthy treat!
- Shortbread Cookies
- Almond Meal, 1 cup
- Buckwheat Flour, 1/2 cup
- Dessicated Coconut, 1/2 cup
- Mesquite Powder, 1 tbsp
- Baking Powder, 1 tsp
- Smooth Peanut Butter, 1/2 cup
- Olive Oil, 1/4 cup
- Date Syrup, 2 tbsp
- Hulled Tahini, 2 tbsp
- Himalayan Salt, 1/4 tsp
- Raspberry Chia Jam
- Raspberries, 1 cup (frozen)
- Orange Juice, 1/2 cup
- Coconut Nectar, 1 tbsp (or Date Syrup)
- Vanilla Bean Powder, 1/2 tsp
- Chia Seeds, 2 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- To prepare raspberry chia jam, combine all ingredients except chia seeds in a saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Leave to simmer for approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, add chia seeds and place in the fridge while you make the cookies.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Then add all ‘wet’ ingredients, mix until well combined.
- Form into cookies and arrange on a lined baking tray. Place in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Top with additional peanut butter and raspberry chia jam.
- Serve freshly baked in your favourite Coconut Bowls or use it for toppings in your smoothie or nice cream! Enjoy!
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.