The creamy filling in this superfood cheesecake is perfectly complemented by the rich chocolate shortbread crust. We’ve used a turmeric latte blend which contains organic turmeric, mesquite powder, cinnamon, ginger and other delicious Ayurvedic spices. talk about a nutrient and flavour hit! Alternatively, you can use freshly grated turmeric root and add your own selection of spices.
- CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD CRUST
Almond Meal, 1 1/2 cups
- Buckinis, 1/2 cup (ground to a flour)
- Dessicated Coconut, 1/2 cup
- Cacao Powder, 1/3 cup
- Himalayan Salt, 1/4 tsp
- Coconut Nectar, 3 tbsp
- Coconut Oil, 2 tbsp (melted)
- ORANGE TURMERIC CHEESECAKE
Cashews, 1 1/2 cups (soaked for 3-6 hours)
- Plant-based Yogurt, 1/2 cup
- Coconut Oil, 1 1/2 tbsp (melted)
- Coconut Nectar, 2 tbsp
- Orange Juice, 1/3 cup (freshly squeezed)
- Blood Orange Zest, 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder, 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Combine all dry base ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Then add coconut nectar and coconut oil, mix until it starts to stick together.
- Mould into a greased and lined spring-form cake tin (covering base and sides).
- Place in the oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Drain and rinse cashews for the filling. Place in a high-power blender with remaining orange and turmeric filling ingredients, blend until smooth and creamy (this takes a few minutes).
- Spoon into the base and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours or until set.
- Transfer to fridge an hour or so before serving to thaw.
- Top with cacao nibs (optional), slice and serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls.
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.