Vegan cheesecakes have to be one of the best plant-based desserts going around. The combination of nuts and coconut yogurt creates such a delicious creamy texture, much like that of a traditional cheesecake. The passionfruit juice in this recipe adds such a great ﬂavour as well as natural sweetness, the perfect balance to the zesty lime. We’ve also created a passionfruit glaze using agar agar - a plant-based gelatin alternative. So easy and so delicious!
- Macadamias, 1/2 cup
- Buckinis, 1/3 cup
- Shredded Coconut, 1/3 cup
- Medjool Dates, 6 pcs
- Coconut Oil, 1 tbsp (melted)
- Filtered Water, 1 tsp
- Coconut Yogurt, 1 cup
- Macadamias, 1 cup
- Passionfruit Juice, 1/4 cup
- Lime Juice, 3 tbsp
- Coconut Nectar, 3 tbsp
- Lime Zest, 1-2 tbsp
- Vanilla Essence, 1/2 tsp
- PASSIONFRUIT GLAZE
- Passionfruit Juice, 2 tbsp (reserve some seeds for decoration)
- Coconut Water, 330 ml
- Agar Agar, 1 tsp
- Combine all ingredients for the base in a high-power blender and brieﬂy blend.
- Press into the base of a tartlet case and set aside while you making the ﬁlling.
- Combine all ﬁlling ingredients in a high-power blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour on top of the base and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Transfer to fridge and prepare passionfruit glaze.
- Combine coconut water, passionfruit juice and agar and agar in a saucepan, bring to a boil and stir regularly. Allow to cool.
- Spoon some passionfruit seeds over top of tart, then gradually spoon cooled glaze on top of the tart, return to fridge to set. Approximately 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls!
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.