Crunchy and chewy cookies with a light tartness from the lemon, a touch of sweetness from thewhite chocolate and a bit of fun from the ice cream!
White Rice Flour, 1 cup
- Almond Meal, 1 cup (blanched)
- Coconut Sugar, 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder, 1 tsp
- Sunflower Oil, 1/2 cup (or olive oil)
- Rice Malt Syrup, 1/4 cup (or any other plant-based liquid sweetener)
- Plant-based Milk, 1/4 cup
- Plant-based White Chocolate, 1/2 cup (or 50 g)
- Plant-based Ice Cream, 3 cups
- Preheat oven to 160C.
In a large bowl, mix together rice flour, almond meal , coconut sugar and baking powderuntil there are no lumps. Mix in oil, syrup and mylk until combined.
- Roughly chop the white chocolate and add into bowl.
- Zest and juice the lemons and add into bowl. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Grab tablespoons of the cookie dough, roll into balls and flatten with hands. Arrange flattened dough on a lined baking tray.
- Bake cookies in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- When the cookies have cooled, scoop ice cream onto half of the cookies and sandwich them with the remaining cookies. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Serve with your favourite Coconut Bowls and enjoy!
Anthea Cheng produces such vibrant and nourishing plant-based recipes. She focuses mainly on plant-based desserts, so check her out at the links below.