RECIPE BY VEGAN BY EDEN
Indulge yourself with these heavenly slices of chocolate and peanut butter. There's no place for guilt here because it's vegan, protein-rich and free of processed ingredients. Give these a try now and serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls!
- COOKIE DOUGH BASE
- Cannellini Beans, 1 can
- Plant-based Protein, 1/4 cup
- Brown Sugar, 1 tbsp
- Salt, 1 tbsp
- Chocolate Chips, 1/2 cup
- CARAMEL FILLING
- Peanut Butter, 1/2 cup
- Coconut Oil, 2 tbsp
- Dark Chocolate, 2 tbsp (melted, for drizzling)
- In a blender combine the drained beans, protein, sugar, salt & peanut butter. Mix to form a smooth cookie dough.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix again so chocolate is mixed through (I only pulsed a couple of times)
- Transfer mixture to a tray or container lined with baking paper. Press it down to pack it in, using the base of a heavy glass helps. (You can place the glass on top of the baking paper if you fold it over) set in the freezer for 15-20 mins.
- In the microwave, melt the peanut butter & coconut oil. Stir so it’s smooth. Remove the tray and pour this over the top. Return to the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate using the broiler method or microwave, stir as it melts and remove from heat. Remove the tray from the freezer and cut into slices. Holding a knife under hot water first helps cutting it.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top. Serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls and enjoy!
Eden loves creating delicious and simple plant-based recipes. She loves to show how easy and fun vegan living can be and hopes to inspire more people to have some fun in the kitchen and eat more plants.