This frozen berry yoghurt cake is so healthy it can be eaten for breakfast, made using 100% whole, healthy ingredients. Most ingredients can also be substituted according to what you have on hand, for example cashews can be replaced with macadamias, date paste for coconut nectar or maple, lemon juice for orange juice, and so on. We recommend serving with fresh berries and/or macadamia nuts.
- Cashews, 1/3 cup
- Buckinis, 1/3 cup
- Flaked Coconut, 1/2 cup
- Medjool Dates, 5
- Filtered Water, 1 tbsp
- Cashews, 1 1/2 cups (soaked for 3-6 hours)
- Coconut Yogurt, 1/2 cup
- Blueberries, 1 1/2 cups (frozen)
- Date Paste, 2 tbsp
- Coconut Oil, 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice, 1/4 cup
- Himalayan Salt, 1/4 tsp
- Filtered Water, 2 tbsp
- Combine all ingredients for the base in a high power blender and blend until smooth.
- Press into the base of a greased and lined spring form cake tin and set aside while you make the filling.
- Drain and rinse soaked cashews and place in blender with all remaining ingredients, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon filling on top of the base. Place in the freezer for 4-5 hours or overnight to set. Allow to thaw before serving.
- Serve into your favourite Coconut Bowls and enjoy!
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.