Another one for the choc-mint lovers. We have used macadamia nuts in the filling of this mint chocolate slice, however you may wish to replace with cashew nuts for a more subtle flavour. This dessert has an enhanced nutritional profile thanks to the addition of matcha powder - pure stone ground green tea.
Buckinis, 1/3 cup
- Sunflower Seeds, 1/3 cup
- Dessicated Coconut, 1/4 cup
- Medjool Dates, 5 pcs.
- Filtered Water, 1 tbsp
- Cacao Powder, 1 tbsp
- Coconut Oil, 1 tsp
- Macadamias or Cashews, 1 1/2 cups (soaked for 3-6 hours and then drained)
- Coconut Yogurt, 3/4 cup
- Maple Syrup, 3 tbsp
- Matcha Powder, 1 tsp
- Peppermint Oil, 2-3 drops (food grade)
- Himalayan Salt, 1/4 tsp
Combine all ingredients for the base in a high power blender and blend until smooth.
- Press into the base of a greased and lined spring-form cake tin (15 cm diameter) and place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Drain and rinse soaked macadamias. Place all filling ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth and creamy, this takes a few minutes.
- Spoon the filling on the base and return to freezer for 4-5 hours (or overnight) to set.
- Place in the fridge 1-2 hours to allow to thaw.
- Drizzle some melted chocolate and slice into bars.
- Serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls and enjoy!
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.