It would be an absolute crime not to try this drool-worthy and guilt-free PB ice cream by @unsweetened.caroline.
It’s the ultimate alternative to dairy ice-cream that is just as ﬂavoursome, much more satisfying (because it actually contains nutrients the body can use) and just all round better! Make sure you drizzle with extra pb because, why not!
- Canned Chickpeas, 1 cup (drained and rinsed)
- Medjool Dates, 1 cup (pitted)
- Peanut Butter, 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp
- Coconut Milk, 1 398 ml can (or any plant-based milk of choice)
- Chocolate chips, to serve (or cacao nibs)
- More Peanut Butter, to serve (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Transfer to a dish or a bread pan and freeze overnight or for at least 12 hours.
- Serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls with a drizzle of peanut butter and chocolate chips (or cacao nibs) if desired.
Caroline is a french dietitian living in Canada. She shares wholesome vegetarian and vegan recipes that are sweetened with fruits and contains nutritious ingredients. Many of her recipes can be made gluten-free and allergy-friendly.