RECIPE BY MARIA FROM @thefitstitch
Pumpkin Pie. The flavor that is loved by most, here in a form of a porridge with baked pear, almond butter and cinnamon! Breakfast goals for sure!
- PUMPKIN PIE OATMEAL
- Pumpkin Puree, 1/3 cup
- Pumpkin Spice, 1 tsp
- Raw Oats, 1/2 cup
- Maple Syrup, 1-2 tbsp
- Water, 1 cup
- Coconut Milk, 1/2 cup
- POACHED PEAR
- Pear, 1 (sliced in half and center removed)
- Brown Sugar, 1 tsp (or coconut sugar)
- Cinnamon Powder, 1 tsp
- Vegan Butter, 1 tsp (or coconut oil)
- Preheat oven to 375 F/190 C. Place pear halves in a baking sheet facing up.
- Brush pear with vegan butter or coconut oil, sprinkle coconut or brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon. Bake for 25 min or until pear has softened.
- In the mean time prepare your oats by adding, oats, water, almond milk, maple syrup and pumpkin puree to a pot. Combine and bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cook for 5 min or until oats absorbed all the liquids.
- Serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls.
- Top with poached pear, a heaped spoonful of nut butter, quinoa puffs and more cinnamon. Enjoy!
Maria is an architect with a Masters in Sustainable Environmental Design by day and a real foodie by night. She loves creating easy and simple plant-based recipes and is passionate about our environment and all things sustainable.