RECIPE BY LEAH FROM @simplyleahboston
Orange and chocolate has such a unique flavor combo. Add this in to your breakfast bars that is perfect for those who are on-the-go. Who says you can't have a perfectly healthy and delicious breakfast when you're busy? @simplyleahboston got us covered!
- Almond Butter, 1/4 cup
- Maple Syrup, 1/4 cup
- Coconut Sugar, 1/4 cup
- Unsweetened Applesauce, 2 tbsp
- Vanilla, 1 tsp
- Zest of 1 Orange
- Gluten-free Oats, 1 cup
- Almond Meal, 1/4 cup
- Cacao Powder, 1/4 cup
- Flax Meal, 2 tbsp
- Pumpkin Pie Spice, 1 tsp
- Walnuts, 1/2 cup
- Coconut Flakes, 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350F, line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add almond butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar, applesauce, vanilla, orange zest and juice to a medium bowl and stir until everything is well combined. Set aside.
- To a large bowl add oats, almond meal, cacao powder, flax meal, pumpkin pie spice and mix.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and mix well.
- Fold in walnuts and coconut flakes.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan, baking for 15-18 minutes until brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.
- Cookie bars will keep for 5-7 days in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
- Serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls and enjoy with a coffee or warm milk.
Leah is a Yoga instructor and plant-based foodie on a mission to share her passion for all things health and wellness with her global community by bringing her creative background into her kitchen. Her focus is to design accessible whole food, plant-based recipes with an emphasis on simple, locally sourced ingredients to fuel the mind, body and soul. Find her on Instagram where she features original gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free recipes, food focused travel guides, and regular reminders to set positive life mantras.