Who knew that breakfast could be so simple, yet so decadent?! Make sure you nourish yourself physically and mentally in the morning by having a super wholesome breakfast. It'll keep you full until lunchtime!
- Rolled Oats, 1 cup
- Chia Seeds, 2 tbsp
- Almond Milk, 1 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon, 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Bean Powder, 1/2 tsp (or vanilla extract)
- Bananas, 1-2
- Coconut Sugar, 1 tsp (optional)
- Medjool Dates, 2 (pitted)
- Plant-based Milk, 1/4 cup
- Tahini, 1 tbsp (hulled or unhulled)
- Salt, a pinch
- Cacao Nibs, 2 tbsp
- The night before, combine all of the oat ingredients in a large jar. Mix or shake until the ingredients are evenly distributed. Set aside in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, mix the oats with a spoon to make sure all of the ingredients are well-combined.
- Divide the oats in your Coconut Bowls.
- Slice the banana(s) lengthways. Spinkle coconut sugar over cut surface of banana and cook on a fry pan or under a grill until golden brown.
- For the caramel, combine the medjool dates, milk, tahini and salt in a small bowl. Use a whizz stick to blend until completely smooth.
- Arrange grilled banana and caramel on oats in your favourite Coconut Bowls. Sprinkle cacao nibs on the oats and decorate your bowls as desired. Enjoy!
Anthea Cheng produces such vibrant and nourishing plant-based recipes. She focuses mainly on plant-based desserts, so check her out at the links below.