RECIPE BY ZEYNEP FROM @zeybuffet
Fall flavors really are so comforting and warming. This Autumn-special Spiced Granola is a must have this fall season! Use it as a topping for your smoothies/nice creams or on its own with your favorite plant-based milk.
MAKES 3-4 CUPS
- Rolled oats, 1 1/2 cups
- Pumpkin Seeds, 1/2 cup
- Almonds, 1/2 cup
- Chia Seeds, 2 tbsp
- Sunflower Seeds, 1/3 cup
- Dried Apricots, 1/2 cup
- Coconut Oil, 2 tbsp (you can use canola or olive oil)
- Tahini, 1 1/2 tbsp
- Maple Syrup, 2 tbsp
- Ground Cinnamon, 2 tsp
- Nutmeg, 1/4 tsp
- Ground Cloves, 1/8 tsp
- Salt, a pinch
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients and spices together.
- Add in the tahini, oil and maple syrup or honey, give it a good stir making sure everything is mixed together.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment and spread the granola evenly but not too thinly, otherwise it might burn.
- Bake the granola in 162°C or 325°F for 15 minutes on each side, rotating once halfway through until golden brown.
- Slice the dried apricots into small pieces (or leave them chunkier if you wish).
- Remove the granola from the oven, let it cool down without stirring. Once cooled, mix in the dried apricots and store in an airi-tight container.
- Serve in your favourite Coconut Bowls with plant-based yogurt or milk. Enjoy!
Zeynep is a classically trained chef and historian turned food blogger and photographer. Creating vegetarian and plant-based recipes, she draws inspiration from her travels and living in a multicultural environment. She loves recreating plant-based versions of classical dishes to help spread the love for sustainable eating.