Calling all vanilla chai fans! This vanilla chai nice cream is the one for you. We recommend making the spiced pears a day ahead so that you can reserve and freeze the liquid to use in your nice cream (talk about no waste!) To create the creamy nice cream texture, we add macadamias to the chai spiced liquid, as well as a few medjool dates for a hint of sweetness. Then you simply need to blend the vanilla chai ice blocks with frozen bananas, add the poached pears for topping and voila. Easy and delicious!
- Coconut Water, 330 ml
- Vanilla Pod, 1
- Cardamom Pods, 3
- Cinnamon Quill, 1
- Ginger, 1 (sliced)
- Pears, 2 (peeled)
Vanilla Chai Nice Cream
- Bananas, 4 (frozen)
- Vanilla Chai Ice Blocks, 1 cup
- Firstly, prepare the spiced pears. Combine all ingredients (except pears) in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Then add pears, reduce heat and allow to simmer for approx. 15 minutes.
- Remove pears from saucepan and allow vanilla chai mixture to cool.
- Transfer vanilla chia mixture to a blender, add 1/2 cup macadamias and 2 medjool dates.
- Pour into ice-block molds and freeze.
- Combine 4 frozen bananas and vanilla chai ice blocks.
- Spoon into your favorite Coconut Bowls and top with with poached pears, macadamias and dust with cinnamon.
Healthy Luxe was established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.