The creamy filling in this superfood cheesecake is perfectly complemented by the rich chocolate shortbread crust. We’ve used a turmeric latte blend which contains organic turmeric, mesquite powder, cinnamon, ginger and other delicious Ayurvedic spices. talk about a nutrient and flavour hit! Alternatively, you can use freshly grated turmeric root and add your own selection of spices.
- CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD CRUST
- Almond Meal, 1 1/2 cups
- Buckinis, 1/2 cup (ground to a flour)
- Dessicated Coconut, 1/2 cup
- Cacao Powder, 1/3 cup
- Himalayan Salt, 1/4 tsp
- Coconut Nectar, 3 tbsp
- Coconut Oil, 2 tbsp (melted)
- ORANGE TURMERIC CHEESECAKE
- Cashews, 1 1/2 cups (soaked for 3-6 hours)
- Plant-based Yogurt, 1/2 cup
- Coconut Oil, 1 1/2 tbsp (melted)
- Coconut Nectar, 2 tbsp
- Orange Juice, 1/3 cup (freshly squeezed)
- Blood Orange Zest, 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder, 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Combine all dry base ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Then add coconut nectar and coconut oil, mix until it starts to stick together.
- Mould into a greased and lined spring-form cake tin (covering base and sides).
- Place in the oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Drain and rinse cashews for the filling. Place in a high-power blender with remaining orange and turmeric filling ingredients, blend until smooth and creamy (this takes a few minutes).
- Spoon into the base and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours or until set.
- Transfer to fridge an hour or so before serving to thaw.
- Top with cacao nibs (optional), slice and serve in coconut bowls.
This recipe was created for us by Healthy Luxe, a blog established in 2014 by mother-daughter duo, Jennifer Murrant and Hannah Singleton. The platform evolved from a shared love and appreciation for health, wellness and food.
For more nourishing and plant-based recipes, check out our cookbook ‘Vegan Bowls for Vegan Souls’. We have carefully selected some of our favourite healthy recipes for every meal of the day – refreshing breakfast bowls, tasty snacks, wholesome vegan dinners, and guilt-free desserts that you can prepare in your own kitchen!
Click here to explore our variety of eco-friendly products. Our famous Coconut Bowls, Wooden Forks and Spoons, and Bamboo Straws are all made by nature, and provide the perfect sustainable accompaniment to any plant-based meal.
Thousands of customers have fallen in love with our products and we're confident you will too. If that’s not enough, have no fear, you can order 100% RISK FREE, with our 14 day money back guarantee. If you don’t instantly love our products, you can rely on our guarantee to feel safe.
So.. what’s stopping you? SHOP NOW.