Your Bamboo Cups can last thousands of uses, especially with proper care. Follow these basic care instructions to ensure a long lasting Bamboo Cup.
- Right after use, wash your Bamboo Cup with lukewarm soapy water.
- Once clean, let it towel dry thoroughly before storing.
- Bamboo Cups are best suited for cold or room temperature drinks.
- Smoothies, juices, protein shakes, iced lattes and iced teas are best served in our Bamboo Cups.
- Hot drinks such as coffee and tea are best to be avoided as hot drinks on rare occasions can cause the cups to split or crack.
Putting them in the dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, freezer and oven. Extreme temperatures for a prolonged period of time might cause the cups to split or crack.
- Serving hot drinks in them.
- Soaking with water or liquid for more than a few hours.
- Using harsh chemicals or liquid detergents.
- Storing them while wet as black mould might occur.
Please follow this procedure in the event that mould may be appearing in your bamboo cup:
- In your bamboo cup, pour in 1/4 cup white vinegar, 1 tsp baking soda and 1/4 cup water.
- Let it soak for 3 minutes.
- Use a brush or cloth and rub the mixture all over your cup, this should get rid any leftover mould.
- Rinse and towel dry thoroughly before storing.
- What did you use to seal the Bamboo Cups?
- We use a touch of mineral oil to seal the cups.
- Where are they made?
- Our bamboo cups are handcrafted by local artisans from fast growing bamboo, which is in abundance in Vietnam.